EDPS informal comments on a draft Decision of the Committee of the Regions (CoR) adopting implementing rules concerning Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 (Case 2020-0203).
Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 lays down the data protection obligations for the EU institutions and bodies when they process personal data and develop new policies.
The Regulation repeals Regulation (EC) 45/2001, and, in line with GDPR, adopts a principle-based approach.
The new legal instrument ensures that EU institutions and bodies provide transparent and easily accessible information on how personal data is used, as well as foresee clear mechanisms for individuals to exercise their rights; it also reconfirms, clarifies and enhances the role of data protection officers within each EU institution and of the EDPS.
Consultation by the Authority for European Political Parties and European Political Foundations (APPF) to the EDPS regarding data protection rules.
EDPS comments on the European Investment Fund's draft internal rules concerning restrictions of certain rights of data subjects (Article 25 of the Regulation (EU) 2018/1725).
New thematic trainings in light of Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 for EUI's controllers at the European School of Administration (EUSA), Brussels:
You may enrol on EU learn.
- 18 February: controllers-processors / joint controllership
- 26 February: events management
- 4 March: controllers-processors / joint controllership (EUSA in Luxembourg!)
- 10 March: controllers-processors / joint controllership
- 1 July: Data protection in procurement and outsourcing processing of personal data
- 14 September: Arrangements with processors and how to use in practice SCCs for processors adopted by the EDPS
- 20 October: Transfers of data, in particular international transfers
18 November: International transfers
EDPS comments on the draft internal rules concerning restrictions of certain rights of data subjects in relation to processing of personal data in the framework of the functioning of the European Defence Agency.